Fiberglass Pool & Spas
Starting at $49,000
Modern fiberglass pools are beautiful, durable and affordable. We expertly install inground fiberglass pools that fit your backyard and your style.
Custom Concrete Pools & Spas
The ultimate luxury option with a custom design. We will design and build the perfect pool to complement or transform your wine country estate.
Setup a Free Consultation
We would love to meet you and discuss the backyard of your dreams.
Best in Class Team of Designers & Landscape Architects
With our expertise in landscaping, outdoor kitchens, decks & patios, fireplaces and more, we can also design and build everything you want to enjoy the best of the California indoor/outdoor lifestyle.
3D Backyard Design
See your backyard in 3D before we even start construction! It’s part of every pool package after you select us as your builder.
Let us try to answer your questions about fiberglass pools
How much is a fiberglass pool?
The cost of a fiberglass pool can vary widely based on several factors, including the size, shape, features, location, and any additional expenses such as landscaping, decking, and any added features. On average, the total cost for fiberglass pools in the North Bay area can range from $49,000 (plunge pool) to $130,000 or more. Here are some cost considerations:
- Base Cost:
The base cost of a typical fiberglass pool includes a 3D backyard design from our design team at LuxPools, pool permit package, standard engineering, equipment utilities, excavation, pool shell, delivery of your shell, plumbing, backfilling, compaction, grading for decking, pool equipment, coping, 400 sq. ft of concrete and installation of your new fiberglass pool. This can range from $49,000 to $115,000 depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Additional Features:
If you want to add features like waterfalls, integrated spas, smartphone controls, heating, solar, water treatment systems, or an automatic cover these will increase the cost. Each additional feature can add several thousand dollars to the total price.
- Site Preparation:
Site preparation costs can vary significantly based on the condition of your backyard and your soil conditions. If extensive excavation, grading, or removal of obstacles like trees or rocks is needed, it can increase the overall cost.
- Decking and Landscaping:
The area around the pool, additional decking, landscaping, and fencing, is an additional expense. This cost can vary widely based on the materials you choose and the complexity of the design.
- Permits and Inspections:
You will need to obtain permits for your new pool installation. Don’t worry, LuxPools will prepare the required engineering and deliver your permit package to the appropriate building department. You will be responsible for the permit fees which can range from $500 to $2,500.
- Geographical Location:
Prices can vary based on your location in Marin, Napa, Sonoma, and Mendocino County due to differences in labor costs, delivery, logistics, topography, travel time, permits, and soil conditions.
- Pool Equipment:
Every pool is constructed with an Energy Star efficient pool pump, pool filter, pool vacuum, and LED lighting. Heating, solar, water treatments systems, automation, and an automatic cover will impact the overall price.
Is a fiberglass pool more efficient than a concrete pool?
Fiberglass pools are often considered more efficient than other types of pools (such as concrete or vinyl-lined pools) for several reasons:
- Smooth Surface:
Fiberglass pools have a smooth gelcoat finish that is not only pleasant to the touch but also inhibits the growth of algae and other microorganisms. This smooth surface makes it more difficult for debris and algae to stick to the pool walls, reducing the need for frequent cleaning and chemical treatments.
- Chemical Usage:
Because of the smooth surface and the gelcoat layer that resists algae growth, fiberglass pools require fewer chemicals to maintain the water balance. This means lower usage of chlorine and other pool chemicals, resulting in reduced chemical costs and a more environmentally friendly pool.
- Energy Efficiency:
Fiberglass pools are often more energy-efficient than other types. They have excellent heat retention properties, meaning they can retain heat longer. This quality can significantly reduce heating costs, especially in cooler climates, making them more energy-efficient and cost-effective in the long run.
- Durability and Low Maintenance:
Fiberglass pools are durable and resistant to staining, fading, and deterioration. They do not require resurfacing like concrete pools, which can save both time and money in the long term. Additionally, the low-maintenance requirements (due to the smooth surface) mean less time, effort, and cost spent on cleaning and upkeep.
- Water Conservation:
Fiberglass pools require fewer water replacements due to their smooth surface, which reduces the need for frequent draining and refilling. This water conservation aspect contributes to their efficiency and is environmentally beneficial.
- Installation Time:
Fiberglass pools are pre-manufactured and installed as a single piece. The quick installation process means less disruption to your property and less time for labor costs, making it a more efficient choice in terms of installation time.
Fiberglass pools are known for their longevity. With proper maintenance, they can last for several decades, ensuring that your investment remains efficient and cost-effective over the long term.
Fiberglass or Concrete?
Whether a fiberglass pool or a concrete pool is better depends on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. Each type of pool has its advantages and disadvantages:
- Durability: Fiberglass is durable and flexible, allowing the pool to withstand ground movement without cracking.
- Smooth Surface: Fiberglass pools have a smooth, non-porous surface that resists algae growth and makes cleaning easier.
- Quick Installation: They are pre-manufactured and installed as a single piece, which leads to faster installation. We can install your pool within 7-10 days once we have your permit.
- Lower Maintenance: The smooth surface reduces the need for harsh chemicals and frequent cleaning.
- Energy Efficiency: Fiberglass pools have excellent heat retention properties, reducing heating costs.
- Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty
- Limited Shapes and Sizes: Fiberglass pools come in predetermined shapes and sizes, limiting customization options.
- Interior finish: Limited interior colors
- Longevity: A well-maintained concrete pool can last for decades.
- Property Value: A well-designed concrete pool can enhance the aesthetic and resale
value of your property.
- Customization: Concrete pools can be fully customized in terms of shape, size, and features.
Longevity: A well-maintained concrete pool can last for decades.
- Sturdiness: Concrete pools are strong and can withstand harsh weather conditions. Property Value: A well-designed concrete pool can enhance the aesthetic and resale value of your property.
- Longer Installation: Construction of a concrete pool takes longer than installing a
fiberglass pool. Concrete pools typically take 60-90 days to complete.
- Higher Maintenance: Concrete pools require more maintenance to prevent algae growth and surface stains. They need regular cleaning, resurfacing, and balancing of chemicals. Longer Installation: Construction of a concrete pool takes longer than installing a fiberglass pool. Concrete pools typically take 60-90 days to complete.
- Rough Surface: The surface can be rougher compared to fiberglass, which might be less comfortable for swimmers. The interior finish of your concrete pool will typically need to be refinished every 7-10 years.
- Choose a Fiberglass Pool If: You prefer low maintenance, a smooth surface, and quicker installation. If the available shapes and sizes meet your requirements, and you’re looking for easier maintenance, a fiberglass pool might be a better choice.
- Choose a Concrete Pool If: You want complete customization, are willing to invest in regular maintenance, and are looking for a pool that can be uniquely designed to fit your specific vision for your property.
Ultimately, the best choice depends on your individual preferences, budget, and willingness to invest time and effort into maintenance. Consulting with a LuxPools professional can help you make an informed decision based on your specific needs. Call us today for a free consultation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Contact us to schedule your Free Consultation with our team of specialists. We’ll listen to your needs, answer your questions and provide a free estimate with no strings attached.